HISTORY OF BUILDING FUTURES
CONSULTANCY WORK, London, UK.
I have provided consultancy to many large organizations in UK since 2012. A brief of the work is mentioned along with the organization I worked with.
- Worked with Met Police London to implement training management solution
- Worked with Hydro Dams UK to implement their web system for central content management, exhibitions and conferences management and reservation system
- Worked on a University project for implementation of MRI images management and diagnostic solution for disease identification
- Implemented Infotainment system at Gatwick Airport terminal buses
- Implemented Voice Announcement system at Gatwick Airport terminal buses
Multiq, UK/Denmark, Principal Investigator/Consultant.
I have designed and built the architecture of many systems that make a Distributed Fleet Management System. As shown in the figure above, this fleet management system includes a lot of systems such as Runtime Traffic Distribution System, Stops Departure Board, Bus Sign Management System, Voice Announcement System, Operational web management systems, Real-time traffic prediction system and an Intelligent infotainment system. I supervised and worked on Stops Departure Board, Voice Announcement System, Operational web management systems, Real-time traffic prediction system and an Intelligent infotainment system. In addition to these, I researched on the application of machine learning algorithms to design a self-learning real-time prediction system for bus arrival times with comprehensive visualization. My contribution to this project are:
- Researcher and Architect of Real-time predictive monitoring system
- Architecture & Implementation of Stops Departure Board
- Implementation of Driver Control Unit, Communication Unit, and Voice announcement system onboard buses
- Implementation of intelligent geo-location oriented Infotainment system.
Mermaid Technology, Denmark, Project Leader/Solution Architect.
Designed and implemented architecture for two large scale systems in the domain of Digital Signage and Video Production System. Following are important features for each project:
I researched on designing the communication platform so that digital media content can be played across multiple systems. I participated in building the basic architecture of the system that works as a backbone of the bigger system today. Some features for this project are:
- Interactive digital signage applications where the end user can interact with the system to decide what content is played
- Implementation and deployment of solutions for retail, banking, airport that design and display dynamic digital content on a variety of display devices.
I designed and Implemented this system to facilitate the process of video production and collaboration between the video production team and the clients. I built this system from inception to production and I interacted with video production team as well as clients to ensure that the system architecture covers the concerns as well as challenges being faced by both stakeholders. Some salient features are:
- Version control of still and video clips to keep an history of all changes being made
- Comprehensive access control system for protection of privacy
- Video play as well as integrated feedback system
- Video play preview for different screen sizes
Victorsot, Denmark, Project Leader.
I was hired to work on and manage a suite of distributed file transfer managements systems that facilitate content management and broadcasting of digital content to thousands of subscribing devices and display screens. Few of the features designed and implemented in these projects were:
- Automatic agents for synchronized collection of digital content including file, audio and video media.
- Controlled distribution of the digital content through layered proxy channels
- Device as well as region based broadcasting of the content to target display devices
- Cleanup management for storage sensitive devices to ensure only relevant content is downloaded
- Backbone communication system to provide connection between thousands of devices and layered proxy channels to the central hub
VCS, Lahore Pakistan, Software Consultant.
- Developed a seed service to generate data to be broadcasted, and a web and messaging service to add data from an inbound to the outbound queue.
- Implemented a PUSH service to pick data from the outbound queue, parse XML data, and send for broadcasting and a PUSH Server to receive data from PUSH service and send to clients.
ALEFSYS, Hong Kong, Pakistan, UK, Co-Founder/Lead Developer.
ALEFSYS is a next generation, technology-focused, global company with multifaceted expertise developing enterprise applications, games, and education solutions. The company has quickly expanded from a startup to a high performance enterprise creating solutions and applications based on evolving technology in order to better serve clients ranging from small businesses to industry leaders.
- Lead a highly effective technical team to develop mobile applications and web solutions tailored to clients’ specific business requirements.
- Collaborate with clients, designers, and developers to successfully deliver projects on time and to scope.
CITI, New York, NY, PKI/Information Security Consultant.
Led a cross-functional team to complete a solution for secure online payments and the prevention of fraud for online transactions using Java and C++ applications.
- Reduced risks and downtime by implementing security components in Java and C++
- Secured data transactions by implementing diagnostics and verification tools.
- Increased security and reduced potential fraud by implementing various payment features, including digital certificates and public key infrastructure, to protect payment information and validate transaction identification and destination.
ASCERTIA, London, UK, Associate Project Manager.
Recruited and led a team to develop Java applications and design information security servers and administrative interfaces for this leading PKI and information security solutions provider.
- Developed a concept for the product Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) based server using OCSP protocol RFCs and market requirements.
- Implemented and deployed Linux and Windows servers as well as an administration panel for the server using Java.
- Gathered and validated requirements with PKI and OCSP consultants and used Java to enable the server across platforms.
- Defined project scope, allocated tasks, visited client sites to discuss the deployment and requirements for operation of the OCSP server, and conducted market research and analysis for similar applications to develop a differentiating factor.
NETSOL PAKISTAN, Pakistan & Australia, Senior Software Engineer/Team Leader.
Team Lead to develop a Visual C++ based application for this CMMI level 5 software company using SQL Server and Oracle databases at backend for auto and home leasing for the clientele of Macquire bank.
- Gathered and analyzed client to develop scope with the project manager and delegate tasks to team members.
- Improved performance by providing technical assistance to existing workforce and training to new team members.
- Enhanced communications by consulting with clients on fixing various issues and implementing new features.
- Conducted on-site deployment of software in Sydney Australia and performance optimization of workflow algorithms for efficient application processing.
NEXTBRIDGE LTD., Lahore, Pakistan, Software Engineer.
Published a central content management system based on object oriented database management to manage and publish news items with users of different roles.
- Implemented C++ components to access and process data received and UI controls to represent hierarchical data for news items and to interact with lotus APIs and Object Oriented database APIs.